Have you already experience one day looking at your tank and seeing your fish sick? It is such a bad feeling and gives off a sense of urgency especially if you are a newbie in the hobby and does not know that to do. Thinking that a sick fish can harm other fish and make them sick is the worst. Stay calm because we will tackle some of the most common treatments for these diseases in your fish tank.
A common parasite attack is what you call an Ich or White Spot. This is so called because a symptom of this is that fish will get little white spots in them. This is primarily due to poor water quality and if the fish is stressed out. Like any other disease, you can easily treat this, just be vigilant on symptoms and keep the water clean.
Are you noticing any grayish color, cotton like thing sticking on the gills or skin of your fish? This is most likely may have been a fungal infection. This is due to decaying matters inside your fish tank. It can be easily cured with simple medications which you can buy at your local fish stores. Just make sure next time to regularly clean the water inside your tank.
Fish tank maintenance and repair is a responsibility which needs to be taken seriously in order to ensure the health and long life span of the fish living in it. In case of the fish tank repair and maintenance contact Appliance repair Hempstead NY for the best services.
Some tips on treating your aquariums with any medication:
1. It is very important to read and follow the instructions on the labels of the medicines.
2. It is best to quarantine the affected fish on a separate tank to lessen the spread of the disease.
3. To improve water quality, it is ideal to replace at least 30 to 40 percent of the water in the tank.
4. Always use water treatments to remove any chlorine especially if you are using tap water.
5. A smart tip is to remove the carbon first in your filtration device because this can absorb the medication that you added in the tank.
Always remember that like any other disease or sickness, prevention is better than cure. Regularly check the conditions of the water inside the tank. Do not just admire the beauty of the fish; also check any irregularities with them. There you have it. I hope this helps and that your fish tank and fish are all well.